Manufacturing Policies & Industry Tolerances
Printing & Graphic Art Policies
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- All transactions, conditions, changed orders and/or terms must be submitted in writing.
- Management reserves the right to either accept or refuse quotations priced in error.
- All quotations and sales are conducted subject to buyer assuming any and all revenue and sales tax of any local, state or federal government units.
- All quotations will be honored for thirty days.
- All quotations provided to customer are subject to change based upon Classic Envelope’s approval of copy. The customer may incur additional time and/or materials costs.
- Quotations are provided plus freight.
- Additional charges may be incurred for artwork, storage and special delivery and/or handling.
- All orders must be submitted via fax, email and/or regular mail. Orders will not be processed until received in writing. No exceptions.
- Delivery time begins upon receipt of the entire order including artwork and/or any related materials required to produce the order.
- Classic Envelope, Inc. requires a minimum order of 1M for standard envelopes.
- Custom orders require a minimum order of 2.5M.
- Additional charges will be incurred for proofs. Request prices from your customer service representative.
- Classic Envelope is not responsible for envelopes produced that were approved in writing by the customer.
- When a proof has been approved by the customer, Classic Envelope shall not be responsible for envelopes produced with any errors or mistakes the customer failed to correct.
- Three & four color process printing requires a color proof as well as an on site press proof for an additional $250 charge. This charge will be not be billed if no changes are made during the press proof. The customer must sign a waiver if a color proof and/or a press proof are not needed.
- Classic Envelope understands that your order may change. We review each change request on a case-by-case basis. If the changed order is realized early enough, no charges to the customer will be billed. If not realized early enough, any and/or all labor and/or materials will be billed to the customer.
- Classic Envelope is not responsible for any production delays as a result of a changed order.
- Additional administrative charges may be incurred.
- Customer is responsible for all labor and/or materials incurred up to the Classic Envelope’s written receipt of the cancellation.
- Management of Classic Envelope must approve all cancellations.
- Goods are not accepted without the written authorization from Classic Envelope.
- A restocking charge of 10% of the value of the returned goods or $25 minimum will be billed to the customer.
- Product must be unopened with an inventory level of 10m or greater.
- Requests must be submitted in writing within 60 days of the release of the order.
- All credits issued will be processed minus freight.
- All orders are processed plus freight.
- Classic Envelope passes along shipping discounts.
- The turnaround time of goods and/or services are subject to the written receipt of the purchase order and any labor and/or materials required from the customer for Classic Envelope to produce the order.
- Classic Envelope is not responsible for damages caused as a result of the freight carrier. To claim any damages, please indicate damage when accepting the delivery.
- Classic Envelope, Inc. is not responsible for acts of God, shipping loss or damage of goods as a result of an accident and/or mechanical error.
- Classic Envelope is not responsible for any variations in color, shape, finish, strength and weight of paper that lies within the paper manufacturer’s tolerance.
- Our liability for defects in material or workmanship is limited to replacement only.
- All complaints must be issued in writing via fax, email or regular mail.
- All orders under review must be sent back to Classic Envelope in full unless the order is reviewed at the customer site. Classic Envelope will review the damaged or mistaken order for credit consideration. Classic Envelope will not issue full credits unless the entire order is returned. Classic Envelope is not responsible for consequential damages.
- To establish an account with Classic Envelope, three trade and/or credit references and one bank reference is required. If unavailable to you, payment is required in advance.
- If your account is in a state of delinquency, all transactions will be put on hold. If payment and/or a payment schedule are unable to be recognized, Classic Envelope reserves the right to notify the end user and to seek payment for goods accordingly.
- Once credit is established, qualified distributors of manufactured and printed orders are subject to a 1% discount if paid within 10 days. Otherwise, balances are due net 30. Converted orders balances are due net 30.
- All manufactured and/or printed orders are subject to the following over or under run plus full box increments:
- Under 5M – 25%
- 5 to 10M – 20%
- 11 to 100M – 10%
- Greater than 100M – 5%
- If an exact quantity is requested, then a new price must be quoted for the job.
- All manufactured and/or printed orders are subject to a variation of plus or minus 1/16 in size, location of the window and/or location of the printed copy.
- Classic Envelope is also not responsible for any variations in color, shape, finish, strength and weight of paper that lies within the paper manufacturers tolerance.
- We do not guarantee an “exact” ink match because of the normal variations in manufacturers’ inks, in PMS books, and in ink color variations caused by paper stock.
- There is no charge for graphical art services when submitting camera-ready artwork in the form of a digital file, negative or black & white art, which clearly defines the printing specifications on 1, 2, 3 or 4 color spot printing only. Negatives and color proofs will be charged to the customer on 3 & 4 color process printing orders.
- Photo retouching, enhancing, silhouetting, color correcting or file/copy manipulation will be charged on an hourly basis.
- Typography service will be charged to the customer.
- Artwork produced by Classic Envelope is the property of Classic Envelope and will only be held for a limited time. Customer may purchase artwork at anytime. See your customer service representative for details.
- Graphic art services will be charged to the customer and is subject to our receipt of the copy. Prices quoted via phone may change according to graphic art services provided by Classic Envelope.
- All orders stored, regardless of size, will be charged on a per pallet basis as well as each release.
- Full carton releases only.
- Storage orders require 75,000 minimum.
- All items contracted for storage are expected to be completely released within one year (or sooner).
- Classic Envelope does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of any product that is over one year old.